Notre Dame de Paris Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For fans of the hit musical Notre Dame de Paris. This forum encompasses all versions of the production.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luck Mervil's Accident

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
undyingly
Admin
undyingly

Luck Mervil's Accident Empty
PostSubject: Luck Mervil's Accident   Luck Mervil's Accident I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:08 pm

I was wondering if I was the only one that heard about this? Details are very murky, and my research into the matter has proved fruitless. Apparently Luck Mervil during "The Court of Miracles" song fell from the beam when the harness he is strapped to/holds on to snapped. He plummeted to the ground. Shortly after he left the British production, and spoke out against the production itself (only a few months after opening), saying that the beam and harness made was cheap, in comparison to the French one.

I can't seem to figure out whether this happened during a rehearsal, or an actual performance. If I remember correctly, I did find one site claiming that it occurred during a performance, and after he fell his understudy immediately took over the role. I can't find the site that said that though.

Either way, it's horrifying what happened. Shows often have mistakes, but this is terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://notredamedeparisfans.forumotion.com
Fiyero3305

Fiyero3305

PostSubject: Re: Luck Mervil's Accident   Luck Mervil's Accident I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 12:41 am

All I ever heard was someone make a vague reference to it on youtube. I gotta say, watching the French DVD I was shocked by how unsafe many things in the show seemed. I mean, those bell ringers in "Les Cloches" have no safety, right? And most of that wall climbing too. I don't know how strict safety procedures are in the West End but I assumed they were fairly strict from what I understand of Broadway's regulations and it was one of the reasons I was so surprised to hear the show played there.
Back to top Go down
valerie c

PostSubject: Re: Luck Mervil's Accident   Luck Mervil's Accident I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:07 am

It was in a performance. I was there in the front row.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luck Mervil's Accident   Luck Mervil's Accident I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luck Mervil's Accident
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Notre Dame de Paris Fans :: Notre Dame de Paris :: British Production-
Jump to: