Notre Dame de Paris Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For fans of the hit musical Notre Dame de Paris. This forum encompasses all versions of the production.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
musicskies

musicskies

Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort Empty
PostSubject: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 pm

Dracula – Entre l'amour et la mort (Dracula: Between Love and Death) is a Québécois musical created by Bruno Pelletier. Lyrics are written by Roger Tabra; music is by Simon Leclerc; the original concept is credited to Bruno Pelletier and Richard Ouzounian.
The musical ran in Quebec from January 13, 2006, to December 16, 2006.

Have you guys seen it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://musicskies.tumblr.com/
Sarastro

Sarastro

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I've been meaning to pick this musical up. But I'm watching four other ones and I'm gone on Sunday. But I saw you talking about it before and I was wondering on watching that before Don Juan. Is it good?
Back to top Go down
http://europeansdomusicalsbetter.tumblr.com
musicski

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

musicskies here (I can't seem to log in!)
I haven't seen Don Juan, so I can't tell you which one I prefer...

I'm not good with reviews, really, but all I can say is that I love the musical! First of all, because I just love Dracula and Bruno Pelletier in genera, and second because it's really good! The songs are amazing, the cast is pretty good in general (Bruno is fantastic as Dracula, and Andrée Watters did a very good job too, butI didn't like Van Helsing... I'm not sure if it's the actor or the character). I don't know if you're much into Dracula, but all I can tell you is that my Dracula/Mina shipper heart hurts!

www[.]stuartfernie[.]org/dracula[.]htm
This is the review that brought me to the musical (it contains spoilers!!!), and I'm going to quote a bit of it because really, I'm no good with reviews:

After centuries of survival, and twisted by personal frustration and self-centred despair, Dracula has come to hold man and morality in contempt. His extensive experience has given him a unique overview and he has seen so much cruelty and destruction that he sees little hope for the world. In his eyes mankind deserves no compassion - it is a matter of survival as he selfishly uses others, like the rest of mankind, in order to ensure his own continued existence, but even he needs a purpose to go on - finding his beloved Elhemina, the one thing that gives him hope.
While the world's (and man's) problems are recognised by Jonathan (a principled journalist), his idealistic close friend Mina, the humanitarian Van Helsing and his daughter Lucy, they remain more positive and are willing to seek some way to resolve these problems and seek happiness where there is unhappiness.

Dracula and Mina are attracted to one another. Will Mina's thoughtful, humane and optimistic attitude allow Dracula to see life and its possibilities differently? Or will Mina be drawn to Dracula's dark and indulgent life?

I hope you'll find this useful! And if you watch it be sure to tell me if you liked it! =D
Back to top Go down
Catwomanrowr1112

Catwomanrowr1112

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I just hated Bruno's goatee in it! It was a fantastic musical that goes with some of my favorites but that was all I could focus on hahahaha. It's not really comparable with Don Juan. They're both very different things but I ADORE Don Juan and even made an English subtitle for it. But I did that with Dracula too Smile
Back to top Go down
Sarastro

Sarastro

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:28 pm

I guess that settles it. I'm watching this. You know, if I can find the time between helping my mother move apartments and learning how to sing my Mozart.
Back to top Go down
http://europeansdomusicalsbetter.tumblr.com
musicskies

musicskies

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Catwomanrowr1112 wrote:
I just hated Bruno's goatee in it! It was a fantastic musical that goes with some of my favorites but that was all I could focus on hahahaha. It's not really comparable with Don Juan. They're both very different things but I ADORE Don Juan and even made an English subtitle for it. But I did that with Dracula too Smile

Hahaha! The goatee is a little bit weird, yes! Oh, you did subtitles for Dracula? affraid For the whole thing??

Sarastro wrote:
I guess that settles it. I'm watching this. You know, if I can find the time between helping my mother move apartments and learning how to sing my Mozart.

Yay!! Great, then! You know where to find me, I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts! Wink
Back to top Go down
Catwomanrowr1112

Catwomanrowr1112

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm

musicskies wrote:
Catwomanrowr1112 wrote:

Hahaha! The goatee is a little bit weird, yes! Oh, you did subtitles for Dracula? affraid For the whole thing??

Sarastro wrote:

Yay!! Great, then! You know where to find me, I'll be waiting to hear your thoughts! Wink

Yep! The whole thing!
Back to top Go down
musicskies

musicskies

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh my, really? Could I have a link or something? Pretty please? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Catwomanrowr1112

Catwomanrowr1112

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:57 pm

musicskies wrote:

I'm perfecting it a little right now but of course! I'll have it up in two days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
musicskies

musicskies

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Catwomanrowr1112 wrote:
musicskies wrote:

I'm perfecting it a little right now but of course! I'll have it up in two days Very Happy

Oh, thank you so much!!!! I don't actually speak French, and while I can kind of get what people are saying in musicals like NDdP or Roméo et Juliette, Dracula is a lot harder to understand for me because the words are rushed sometimes and all! I've been reading translated lyrics and dialog from the internet while watching the musical, but it's a lot harder to follow!
Back to top Go down
musicskies

musicskies

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 am

Catwomanrowr1112 wrote:
musicskies wrote:
I'm perfecting it a little right now but of course! I'll have it up in two days  Very Happy
Hey there! I was wondering if you ever finished the subtitles? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort   Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dracula, entre l'amour et la mort
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Notre Dame de Paris Fans :: Welcome :: Other Musicals-
Jump to: