Notre Dame de Paris Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For fans of the hit musical Notre Dame de Paris. This forum encompasses all versions of the production.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regarding Bootlegs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fiyero3305

Fiyero3305

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:45 pm

I was just wondering what the board's stance is on unofficial audio and video recordings of the show. Are they not to be discussed, acknowledged but not posted, or freely discussed and linked?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
undyingly
Admin
undyingly

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Bootlegs are totally allowed here. I've never found anything wrong with them, and let's face it, with some of these productions not having official releases of audio/video footage, or understudies we wanted to listen to, we might never hear or see anything from them at all if it weren't for bootlegs.

I've locked the Multimedia section, so only members can see it. If needed I can add other security measures, just to make sure.
Back to top Go down
https://notredamedeparisfans.forumotion.com
cordelia

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm

So are we keeping the links in the Multimedia section, but free discussion and refring to them everywhere else?
Back to top Go down
undyingly
Admin
undyingly

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 5:31 pm

cordelia wrote:
So are we keeping the links in the Multimedia section, but free discussion and refring to them everywhere else?

Yes. Keep links in the locked Multimedia section, but we can still discuss bootlegs elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Catwomanrowr1112

Catwomanrowr1112

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

I look at it like this: Many of these productions (if not almost all) are closed and there are people in other countries that many never get to see/hear their favorite cast perform. I think it opens up a lot of opportunities to people who will never get to see a production
Back to top Go down
Fiyero3305

Fiyero3305

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks for the response, I'm definitely glad to hear it!
Back to top Go down
cordelia

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

I was going to crosspost my list of bootlegs to the Mutlimedia section, but the forum says that "New members cannot post external links or emails for a week." So undyingly, could you do something about that? Either that, or I can just wait till the week is out and that's fine too (it's all copy-pasting for me, anyway).
Back to top Go down
undyingly
Admin
undyingly

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Alrighty, I think I fixed it. Everyone should be able to post links now. (I hope)
Back to top Go down
Sarastro

Sarastro

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 1:08 am

We've all been having issues haven't we? Not that I'm complaining, I couldn't set up a forum like this.
Back to top Go down
http://europeansdomusicalsbetter.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

Regarding Bootlegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding Bootlegs   Regarding Bootlegs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding Bootlegs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Notre Dame de Paris Fans :: The Forum :: Help-
Jump to: